Volunteering with GCHA is a fabulous way to give back to the community! Join the GCHA family as volunteer and you will be able to help us educate visitors about the fantastic history of Grand County.
- Docents: Help greet and welcome people to GCHA Museums. Docents also lead tours around the museum and explain the museum’s history and facilities.
- Admissions and Gift Shop Attendants: Take admission, orient people to the museum, and assist with gift shop operations.
- School Programs: Assist with programs for visiting school groups. Programming is based on Colorado state standards and targets a variety of ages.
- Special Events: Help with exhibit openings, fundraisers, and other programs offered by the museums.
- Maintenance: Care for our historic buildings by cleaning, fixing, or painting.
- Administration: Assist with mass mailings, printing and assembling brochures, and writing press releases.
- Anything else: We are always happy to utilize our volunteers’ unique talents for other projects that will help GCHA’s preservation and education efforts! If you have an idea for another project that you could help us with, please email email@example.com to see where your skills can be best applied.
Volunteering at a Specific Museum
If you’re interested in learning more about opportunities at a particular location, please contact the following:
General Inquiries — Shanna Ganne
Cozens Ranch Opportunities — Erica Rodenbeck
Emily Warner Field Aviation Museum Opportunities — Penny Hamilton
Heritage Park Opportunities — Larry Gross or Jim Yust
Pioneer Village Opportunities — Serena Fanning